Monday, March 1, 2010

Ramblings

Too tired to post a devotion so I thought I would just share some thoughts.

Started reading "Primal" this morning.  It is the new Book by Mark Batterson Author of "Wild Goose Chase" and "In a pit with a lion on a Snowy day" The emphasis is on taking Christianity back to its simplest form.   "Love the LORD your God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength"
Do we overcomplicate it sometimes?  Do we get wrapped up sometimes doing so much for Him instead of just being with Him.  I know I do.
I listed a quote on Twitter today that kind of summed up what God spoke to me about today.
Mark Batterson wrote "I've discovered when I've lost my way spiritually, the way forward is often backward"
Can you look back on your walk with God and remember special seasons of Love for God.
I wrote down some things today.
I remember lights off, two candles burning, and a radio playing worship songs as I was at total peace in the presence of my God and Christianity was at it's primal stage.  Loving God with all my heart.
I remember waking up one of the first Easter mornings after becoming a Christian and driving down to the boat ramp and sitting at the waters edge shouting praises to the God of Creation and the Savior of my soul.
I thought back on the times where our worship Pastor and my cousin Garrett would go in the sanctuary and get in the presence of God and worship and pray with all our might.  We would call out on God, we would pray over one another, we would walk the aisles and pray, we would pray over the choir loft, and just get lost in the presence of God, and that was Christianity. 
There are many more situations that I could write of, but the point is, this is Christianity in its primal form and I don't ever want to get away from just being in Love with the God who is in love with me.
I love you Father.  I love you Jesus.  I love you Holy Spirit.
You are my Glory and Song.  You are my joy; my delight.  
You are my Dearly Beloved and I worship you.

3 comments:

zeb said...

Right on bro, right on! I am struggling so much right now with so many things. I really need to just love my God. I have a quote written down that goes along the same lines. "Faith is required of thee, and a sincere life, not loftiness of intellect nor deepness in the things of God." Thomas A. Kempis, The imitation of Christ.

It is not hard for me to fall into deeper love for the blessings, or duties, or truths, or people of God, and end up serving a "g"od rather than the Living God! Turn our eyes to you Lord, teach me to delight in you alone!

Anonymous said...

Pastor,
This doesn't relate to this blog- but it does. Sunday night wasn't an elaborate service no choir no specials but it felt like we were really in the presence. From the baptism, to the heartfelt statements from so many people that you don't normally hear from, through out the message and into the prayers of so many at the end of the service. It just made me want to shout this is the way to worship him.

Unknown said...

Amen. I so agree. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Helps me know what other people in the church are thinking. God is really showing some kindness toward us right now. Praise His Name.