Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Building Faith at Home #1

Last Sunday night I shared a visionary message about our committment to building faith at home and how multigenerational faith is formed best within the structure of the family.  This concept has been abandoned to a large degree as the church has taken a much larger role in the spiritual formation of our children.  I believe the church is a great instrument in the evangelization and discipleship of our children and students, but I do not believe the church is the primary instrument; that is reserved for parents and grandparents.  This uncharted territory for many of our families may seem overwhelming or even hopeless.  I encourage you to take heart.  This is a principle we are committing to for the long haul and over the next few months we are going to continually provide training and assistance for our families as  we embark on this journey of building faith at home.  One of the tools that I will use is making resources available thru the blog.  Please check back regularly for continued instruction, motivation, and innovation.  In the video I've posted below you will find simple, yet practical, methods for passing your faith along.  Keep me informed of your progress! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yGcFay norplant online RFSHff norvasc world shipping JJWdEZ omnicef no prescription qOoYBA ophthacare generic BUggaO ovral discount bUUfFW oxytrol side-effects GrLjkV pamelor free pills

Aaron T. said...

Thanks for the video. My wife and I have been discussing what we should be doing with our 17 month old son. We already pray with him at mealtime and bedtime. We know there is a need for something more than just prayer. We found a devotion book online that is age appropriate for toddlers. We are looking to teaching our child at home how to be Christ-like.

Harley said...

Cool illustration with the toothpaste and stairs...the gospel delivered in a practical way is the best I approach, I think. Especially for kids.

Judy said...

Great vid! I couldn't agree more, Harley. It's so important that we make God's word accessible.