Monday, February 1, 2010

Why start a blog?

I have waited a long time for this day! I regret that it has taken me this long to get started, but I am ready to serve the Lord and His body thru the information provided on this blog site. It is my desire to make available to you the truths of God's Word which I am learning thru my daily devotions, various books I am reading, the preachers and sermons I regularly listen to, and any other means by which I am receiving spiritual nourishment. It is my desire and prayer that you will utilize these resources for your own spiritual growth. I am making available to you wells from which I drink fuly and seek to pour out into others. I invite you to avail yourself to my online library at Shelfari.com. I have listed many of the books that I have read, ones I consider favorites or must-reads, and the books that I am currently reading. You will find some of the classic books of the Christian faith, as well as, current authors whom God is using in our generation. Please pray that God will grant me favor and time so that I will be fruitful in every good work (Col. 1:10). I encourage your response, comments, and questions. Use this as an outlet to ask questions concerning the scripture or possibly a sermon that was preached. I look forward to sharing God's word with you and contributing some way in your spiritual growth to the glory of God!

P.S.
For a more detailed explanation of why I believe it is important for a Pastor to blog; click on the link below.
http://www.desiringgod.org/Blog/1156_6_reasons_pastors_should_blog/

2 comments:

Doug said...

You've crossed over...amen! Will try to call you and check in soon.

Jason Johns said...

WOWOWOWOWOW! Who is this dude who pops up on my blog this morning! Bro! So good to hear from you. Hope you all are doing well. Give me a catch up some time. Blessings, Love you guys.