Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

Just keeping it short and simple I wanted to make a few comments about this weekend.

First of all I want to praise God who according to His infinite wisdom has created a master plan which included the creation of man for the purpose of knowing Him and glorifying Him forever.  I thank God for ordaining that I be born into His world and for every good and perfect gift He has graciously allowed me to enjoy over these 36 yrs. (which are also a gift from Him).  Though created in the image of God and for His glory because of "The Fall" every man is born an enemy of God, a sinner, a rebel, children of darkness, disobedience, and the devil, and abides under the Righteous, Just, wrath of God against criminals (lawbreakers, sinner, you and I!) However, God, according to the good pleasure of His will and to the praise of the glory of His grace, set forth His Son as a propitiation for my sins.  He made Him who knew no sin to become sin for me, he placed my sins on Him and the sins of all His people and God poured out His wrath on His Son, that my sins would be forgiven and I could be declared "Not Guilty"/Justified in His sight and that I would be reconciled to Him.  On the 3rd day he rose again for my Justification.  He placed the blood on the mercy seat and Heaven and placated the wrath of God.  The veil was torn, the access was given, and I have been raised w/ Him to sit in Heavenly places.  O I could say so much more about the Glorious Gospel and the Glory of My precious God Jesus Christ.  But this is the foundation of what this weekend means to me.  So first and foremost I worship my Lord for the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ who died for my sins, according to the scripture, was buried, and rose again the third day. 

Secondly, I want to praise God for His grace in our church in that we have a Worship Pastor, a Worship leading choir, Sound men, band, and an abundance of gifted singers for the purpose of making His Praise Glorious.  I sincerely give thanks to God for this and do not take it for Granted.  Thanks be to God for the garment of praise He has clothed us in and for the worshippers He has developed for His glory.  I love worshipping with the family at FBC.

Thirdly, I thank God for all the people I didn't know today.  I want all of my friends to know the joy I have as I think of all the people, especially in the second service that I didn't know, but I got to preach the GOSPEL, w/ all my heart, and plead with them this one time.  Who knows what God might do.  Please pray w/ me for the all the faces you have not seen or do not know that were here and heard the word of God.  Pray that God would give the increase, that the word would bring forth fruit in their life, that they would be protected from the tempter, the Holy Spirit would be poured out on them, and they would be born again to the Glory of God.  Let it be so, Lord Jesus, in Your name we pray.  (Please pray God's will to pass, be a partaker in the work of God, and share in the Thanksgiving that will be offered by many)
I usually know most people, but I was know where close today.
I am very thankful that God graced us with around 460 in attendance. 
Yes I am grateful for a great crowd.  I love the privilege to minister to masses.  It is a wonderful blessing that God allows us this kind of opportunity to share His Gospel and Glory.  Lord, give us more.

It was a great day and I thank the Lord for such a blessed day. 
Live in the reality of the resurrection!
Heb. 13:20-21

P.S.
I am not proof reading this so it may be rough.  Out of time. 

1 comment:

Jason Johns said...

I thought this was going to be short and sweet. At least it was sweet, right?